The Detailed Worksheet found in My Family View is a the most detailed report about an ancestor available in GenDetective! This detailed examination looks at each person including parents, marriages, children, a detailed timeline, notes and citations for each event. While most genealogy programs do not limit the size of notes, due to page/report restrictions, GenDetective only includes the first couple of sentences.
The fields in this report include:
- Header Section
- Birth date and location
- Death date and location
- Citations – a list of citation numbers assigned to each citation associated with this person
- Parents – names and lifespan
- Spouses – including spouse birth date, marriage date and location
- Children – includes names and lifespan for each child
- Timeline Section
- Date – date of this event, may be estimated or approximate
- Event – the type of event
- Citations – number of each citation supporting this event
- Event Name – descriptive text assigned about the event
- Location – location event was recorded at
- Notes Section
- Notes for – the event the note is associated with. When person is listed, it identifies a note attached to the person, not a specific event.
- Note – the first few sentences of the note associated with this event. This note may not be the complete note, but hopefully includes enough information to jog your memory.
- Citation Section
- Citation id – the number of this citation (used to locate citations associated with an event or person),
- Source – the short source name of this source
- Citation Text – the details of this citation
The Detailed Worksheet is one of my favorite reports to use when I am focused on researching a specific person, especially when the basic demographics have already been located.