When developing software, one of the last “phases” before releasing a new version is real world testing. In the labs our software testing is done in a controlled, relatively pristine environment. What I mean is that the machines have minimal software installed beyond the operating system and its applicable updates. There is very little software beyond “our product” installed on the machine.
An ideal BETA tester is one who is willing to take a few hours of their time to:
- Install the software
- Explore the features “kick the tires”
- Report any issues
- And a BETA tester understands the software will not be perfect. There may be installation issues, or if you click on something it may not work. The truth is: if the software is perfect a BETA testing period would not be needed
- BETA testers do not have to be current GenDetective customers.
- Restriction: All BETA testers must agree not to blog, video, Snapchat, Tweet, discuss or share information about the BETA testing, how it is going, and software features during the BETA.
We have made many enhancements to the software, but the major issues we wished to address are:
- Installation issues/conflicts
- Better screen layout and management on screens ranging from todays tiny high-resolution 10″ laptops to the huge 27″ monitors!
- Faster reporting
Our blog has been detailing the changes:
- New: My Tree View
- My Family View Enhancements
- My Research Progress View Enhancements
- My Videos Library Enhancements
- Enhancements to My Research Progress!
- Removal of MS Access Report Engine!
- GenDetective v3 and Different Screen Sizes
- Introducing GenDetective v3
GenDetective v3 installs and runs on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, with all of the latest software updates installed. While we have hopes, hopes, that GenDetective v3 will run on a Mac without having to install Windows, we have not begun any testing to see what works and what does not.
If you are interested in being a BETA tester of GenDetective v3, please send us an email at: email@example.com