Have you seen this message “Connecting to database ..” in GenDetective and been frustrated that it never goes away? If so, the solution to this issue is simple and quick.
First, what is the cause of the issue? With multiple versions of Access on your machine, a different version of Access is trying to open the GenDetective database. This can be very frustrating! In the blog post #1 Question Asked About GenDetective I discuss the software that is installed by GenDetective during installation.
What’s the solution? You can easily address this with a couple clicks of your mouse:
- InstallGenDetective v2.2 (if you haven’t already done so)
- Reboot to make sure no part of GenDetective is running
- Open your My DocumentsGenDetective folder
- Find genD_v2.gen (~492 mb or larger) and double-click it
- An Office pop-up will appear saying it is reconfiguring please wait. This message may stay on the screen and flicker for…
View original post 118 more words