GenDetective 2.1 is now available! This update improves the speed of the GenDetective GEDCOM analysis and corrects a number of issues that have been encountered with the initial release and includes a best practice recommendation.
You can download the update by clicking on this link: www.rumblesoftinc.com/download/genD_v2_update.exe.
- Improved GEDCOM processing speed by 50-70%
- Support for variations in place names on Saint, St., St
- Issue when navigating in My Research Progress when viewing All Family Members
- Including emigration when not part of users research progress
- Issues encountered with navigation after changing Home Person
- Incorrect navigation in My Maps where people list was empty
- Issue where database is in unrecognized format
Best practice recommendation
You can run both GenDetective 1.6 and GenDetective 2 on the same computer at the same time, if you install GenDetective 2 into a different directory. However, when switching between versions you may receive a notification from Microsoft Office about reconfiguring. If this process does not automatically occur, we can show you how to “force” Office to switch, allowing GenDetective to connect to the database. Please contact customer support if you have an issue (or the software hangs when connecting to the database) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!