We have introduced an exciting new feature to the GenDetective Reporter, Reports By Task. This is an additional tab found in the Reporter (version 1.3), that uses a series of questions to identify one or two reports that can be used for a specific task. The top-level questions (tasks) are:
- How can I organize my research trip?
- What information should I research online?
- Which reports help with my research efforts?
- Where am I missing sources?
- How can I get more from my existing research?
- What does my family look like?
- How close am I to meeting my research goals?
Several of these tasks have additional questions. For example, “How can I organize my research trip?” has the following questions:
- My trip
- Microfilm research ( followed by Census records, Obituaries, newspapers and books)
- Cemetery markers
This view, Reports By Task is featured in the new GenDetective Video Series video, “Using the GenDetective Reporter”, available from our website at: http://www.rumblesoftinc.com/gen_detective_videos.cfm
This new interface should make it easier and quicker to identify reports to use for any research task. Let us know what you think of this new GenDetective™ feature.